HOG Regulator servicing in the UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RichWilx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

Does anyone know if HOG Regulators can be serviced in the UK?

Is it possible to self-service HOG regs?

Cheers,

Rich

I don't know of a specific shop but an experienced reg tech who is willing to service it could do it. They would need the schematic which is freely available from the HOG website.

And yes you can self service the regs. Training is available to qualified divers and any dealer can sell the kits to the owner of the reg. Divers should take the course but I know some who have been doing their own regs for years and have chosen not to. You don't need to take the course to buy kits.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

You disappoint me Jim. I was waiting for you to say if he pays for your trip you would gladly service his regs. Have pin spanner will travel.

Thought about it. But someone whines whenever I do something like that. But if he covered the airfare and had an extra room I'd come over and teach him how to do them himself if he had all the requirements met!

Jim,

Tempting as it is.... I think I could buy a new se of Hogs every year for the next 3 years for that kind of money :-D

Still 'twould be fun to learn from you.

-Rich

Rich, just ask your local shop if they'd be willing to service them and direct them to chris if they have any questions. i've got a set of hogs and i've heard a rumour that G&H Diving Services in Feltham wanted to get a look at a set for servicing. When my regs are due for service next year, I'll be looking to them for service (or possibly getting them when i'm stateside next year for my brother's wedding. haven't decided yet)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom