HOG Regulator service in Bay Area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billt4sf

Contributor
Reaction score
Fayetteville GA, Wash DC, NY, Toronto, SF
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone know of someone that services HOG regs in the Bay Area?

Actually we first need to check them out to see if the problems are still there before we send them in (if we need to).

Thanks,

Bill

Does anyone know of someone that services HOG regs in the Bay Area?

Actually we first need to check them out to see if the problems are still there before we send them in (if we need to).

Thanks,

Bill
What problems were you having?

What problems were you having?

Problems with second stages. My second stage breathes fine but will not purge. My wife's second stage breathed very wet but now seems OK, maybe there was a blockage that cleared.

I took them over to Any Water Sports yesterday. They were very nice, they checked them out for me, even though they could not services them. They said that my wife's was working OK (although subjectively they seemed to have some reservations) and said that mine needed to be serviced because the lever inside the second stage was not positioned correctly for purging. When you open it up and push the lever, it purges.

Thanks,

Bill

Problems with second stages. My second stage breathes fine but will not purge. My wife's second stage breathed very wet but now seems OK, maybe there was a blockage that cleared.

I took them over to Any Water Sports yesterday. They were very nice, they checked them out for me, even though they could not services them. They said that my wife's was working OK (although subjectively they seemed to have some reservations) and said that mine needed to be serviced because the lever inside the second stage was not positioned correctly for purging. When you open it up and push the lever, it purges.

Thanks,

Bill
I could see a lot of LDS's not wanting to work on those regs because they're not a reg they would carry.
One of the benefits of those regs is the fact that the DIY person can easily get parts kits on their own, several online dealers sell parts kits no problem. That's also a reason a lot of LDS's scoff at them and don't like them
You could order some service kits through DRIS or one of the others on the net and either learn to service it yourself or find an alternative LDS that is willing to work on anything, and not one of those hard core brand name affiliated shops that down anything they don't carry.

I have a HOG reg. I love it. It's a great robust no frills reg that's durable and has great features. When it comes time to service it I'll be doing it myself. That was the whole point of why I got it.

Back
Top Bottom