HOG Quickshot Lift Bag Inflator & Wetnotes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shooting a bag normally occurs during the very beginning of the most crucial buoyancy control stage of a deco dive. The fact is shooting a bag is a skill that many have struggled with.

The HOG QUICKSHOT is designed to be used in conjunction with lift bags and markers that use the "inflator nipple" type of inflation system (most commonly known on Halcyon Bags but now common among many brands including of course HOG SMB's and Liftbags)).

In the past to inflate these bags meant removing your reg second stage from the mouth and orally inflating the bag and/or disconnecting your LP hose from your inflator. Both these choices meant having temporary reduction of tools available for the diver to control buoyancy. The third choice of using a additional LP Inflator hose is not an option IMHO.... (a large failure point added, one that by nature degrades with time and where do you put it out of the way but accessible?)

The HOG QUICKSHOT is Oxygen clean with Viton Orings, it is placed on the first stage on a stage/deco bottle which is nice and conveniently in front of you when you do stop to start your deco and or to shoot a bag. You simply use pull the collar back (or remove the collar if you wish to make it even quicker-which is what I will be doing) and push the nipple inflator on the bag in. Easy and no compromise of buoyancy control.

In the very unlikely event that you have a problem with the Shotgun it fails in the shut position and you are back to the now "old" way!

Best,

Chris Richardson

Take the nipple of the lift bag or SMB and put it into the slot, this lets the air in, no nipple no air....make sense? I will try and get a video :wink:

I see, so it is a quick connect that does not lock on... If you just have an open bottom SMB or LB then it does nothing for ya...

Thanks
Phil

Thanks Chris for the photos...

What about the size of the fins? Are they like Turtles. One size fits most. Or are there different sizes?

Thanks
Phil

I see, so it is a quick connect that does not lock on... If you just have an open bottom SMB or LB then it does nothing for ya...

Thanks
Phil

The nipple on lift bags/surface markers don't have the lip that would allow it to "lock on" like the BCD's inflator does.

Correct you need a HOG Lift Bag or SMB (or one of the many other brands that use the nipple inflator)

Thanks Chris for the photos...

What about the size of the fins? Are they like Turtles. One size fits most. Or are there different sizes?

Thanks
Phil

med-large, XL and XXL

I would wear a Xl and my foot size is 10.5 (US size)

They weigh approx 3lbs a fin, before somebody asks!:D

med-large, XL and XXL

I would wear a Xl and my foot size is 10.5 (US size)

They weigh approx 3lbs a fin, before somebody asks!:D

Thank You!

Phil

Bags/SMBs with this type of connection can be inflated orally. It also puts a possible failure point on a critical piece of gear, the deco bottle. Is this piece of equipment a solution for a non-existent problem or a problem that can't be overcome with proper skill? I guess I'm just over critical of adding any new piece of gear when I only want to take the minimum to keep me and my team safe.

Bags/SMBs with this type of connection can be inflated orally. It also puts a possible failure point on a critical piece of gear, the deco bottle. Is this piece of equipment a solution for a non-existent problem or a problem that can't be overcome with proper skill? I guess I'm just over critical of adding any new piece of gear when I only want to take the minimum to keep me and my team safe.

Of course they can be inflated orally. Using the Quickshot is easier.:D I assure you I and my students can shoot a bag without one. I can also assure you that everybody at one time or another has messed up their trim and or buoyancy shooting a bag, this makes it MUCH easier. It is possible to consider it a failure point, however how many LP inflator hose fittings have you known to fail? (I have seen very few, less than half a dozen in 13 years full time in the dive industry) This is just that only with threads instead of a barb to fit to the hose.

Believ me I won't get rich on this, I brought it to market because I wanted one and I believe others will see the benifit. (I have been a Technical Diving Instructor since 1995)

The best thing about things like the Quickshot is nobody is forced to buy one.

However it is bad form and manners to crap on a Hot Deal thread....:wink:

Back
Top Bottom