HOG on a Sherwood? will it work

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cybdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Need some advice. I have an old Oasis regulator that needs replacing. The 1st stage is fine I just want to replace the 2nd stage. I was considering the HOG regulator since it's sold without the 1st stage.
My question is will it work on the Sherwood 1st stage? Can I just screw it onto the hose?

Thanks

I would think so. My Hog 1st stage has an IP of 130 psi. I assume that you checked the IP on your Oasis 1st when you determined that it was good. The Hog 2nd has an inlet oriface for it's adjustment if you need to tweak it to the first.

You can also sometimes find deals on 2nds only at Northeast Scuba Supply.

It's funny you mentioned the Sherwood Oasis 2 from ebay. I bought one last year and it saved my dive when my original Oasis died.
As for the 1st stage I didnt check the IP I just had it serviced and it works fine.

I was really interested in the Hog because it's adjustable. Long time ago I had a Scuba Pro that was adjustable.

I was really interested in the Hog because it's adjustable. Long time ago I had a Scuba Pro that was adjustable.

Why not get another adjustable SP? One of the old metal case 109s would do quite nicely and you can easily convert it to balanced/adjustable.

I service my own HOGS and put a HOG 2nd on my Apeks XTX200 as my octo. It has a tendency to free-flow but does not when I put it back on the HOG 1st stage.

you guys are not doing much in the way of helping sales for Hog. I might just get my old Oasis repaired and save 50 bucks. All my dives these days are in warm water.
Still can't figure out why I'm so cold. Mabye I should take a jacket.

I can make that HOG 2nd stage breathe like it was made for that Oasis first stage, not hard to do.

you guys are not doing much in the way of helping sales for Hog. I might just get my old Oasis repaired and save 50 bucks. All my dives these days are in warm water.
Still can't figure out why I'm so cold. Mabye I should take a jacket.

I like my Hogs but I'm not in the business of selling gear or convincing people that my stuff is better then your stuff. IMO the Sherwood Brut's that I've used countless times in Jamaica are "good enough" for warm water diving and if you just want to get back in the water while spending as little as possible, well, I get that. :)

Back
Top Bottom