hog/edge Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the link. I take it that Edge are the manufacturers of the HOG gear?

Actually I'm not sure, that was the only web site I could find that said manufacturer.

Could anyone give me a website for HOG? I've tried Googling for it but haven't found their home page.

I am new to BP/W and I am looking for a wing that would be primarily for single tank (steel Faber) diving, but which could potentially be used for tropical twin tank diving (3mm wetsuit and ally tanks). Any chance the HOG 32lb wing would do the job?

Also what sort of weight are these wings - I want lightweight for travelling.

Wings

There is a link to the wing section of the Edge HOG site.

The 32lb HOG singles wing is a great wing... for singles. You'll want to get one of the HOG doubles wings (38 & 50lb I think) if you plan to dive doubles. In other words, you'll need to buy two wings.

I'm a happy HOG singles owner, and just got one for my wife. She dove her's for the 1st time yesterday and was pleased.

For travel, an aluminum backplate would be about 2 lbs, not sure about the weight of the wing and harness, but should be pretty light overall, and disassembled should pack smaller than a conventional BC.

My wife and I use SS Hammerhead II backplates with SS STA's, which are of course heavier, but are great at distributing weight for better trim. I use a 3mm full wetsuit, AL80 tank.

Hope this helps

I'm shopping for a wing now, and have settled on the HOG 32lb singles wing. In case anyone else is also shopping, the best price I've found for it so far is $180 shipped from Dive Right in Scuba. They list it for $200, but are currently offering 10% off everything ordered from their site. That knocks $20 off the price, and shipping is free. They carry other HOG gear as well.

Here's a link to the singles wing:

https://www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog/product_info.php?ref=5&products_id=2067

Hi Guys, thanks for all the comments, seems I missed this thread.... too much turkey and family lately i guess:D

Highly Optimized Gear (HOG) is the technical brand of EDGE Dive Gear, I'm the Sales and product manager of said...I also dabble in the warehouse (alot!:wink:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom