HOG Drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billt4sf

Contributor
Reaction score
Fayetteville GA, Wash DC, NY, Toronto, SF
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone dived, or know someone that dives, a HOG drysuit?

I am getting serious about buying a drysuit, I know I need a custom fit (6'6", 225 lbs) and I have tried DUI and Whites Fusion. Loved the DUI. But gosh they are expensive! HOG also offers custom suits, but without a direct connection at least to a third party that knows them, it seems kind of a crapshoot to buy one for $1050.

Thanks,

Bill

Has anyone dived, or know someone that dives, a HOG drysuit?

I am getting serious about buying a drysuit, I know I need a custom fit (6'6", 225 lbs) and I have tried DUI and Whites Fusion. Loved the DUI. But gosh they are expensive! HOG also offers custom suits, but without a direct connection at least to a third party that knows them, it seems kind of a crapshoot to buy one for $1050.

Thanks,

Bill

What about the Fusion didn't you like? Cheers.

Have you looked at BARE drysuits?

A few diver's I know dive the HOG drysuit. Since I sell HOG products I asked their opinons of the drysuit and they all seem to like it with no major complaints. I can't comment myself with first-hand experience.

Hog has a great suit. There are lots of people diving them around the world, and you can get a SEMI Custom at a reasonable price.

There are 4 reviews from real purchasers on our site here:
HOG Gear HOG Predator Drysuit | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

I can go over a lot more of the feedback from others if you wanted to give a call to the shop. I have dove one quite a few times, they are really comfortable and have a fair amount of stretch in the fabric. I would REALLY make sure on how you stack up to the size chart as the most important in any drysuit is fit. This style of suit can be a good fit depending on your body type, even with going the custom route. Feel free to fill out the measurement form on our site, and I can help you decide how it will fit your body and shape.

What is the remediation if I buy a custom dry suit -- be it HOG, DRIS, BARE, or DUI -- and then don't like its fit?

BTW, I love DRIS return / exchange policy, that alone keeps me coming back for gear.

What is the remediation if the suit leaks? Can all leaks be fixed?

BTW is the HOG suit the same as what you sell on DRIS?

Thanks,

Bill

Back
Top Bottom