HOG Deluxe Flex Harness Total Buoyancy Control System Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OCDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wanted to drop a review note/mini review about my new harness and backplate.
I purchased the HOG Deluxe Flex Harness Total Buoyancy Control System Kit and couldn't be happier. Here's the list of what I'm using;
- HOG Deluxe Flex Harness
- Piranha aluminum backplate
- 1 Scubapro Super Cinch tank strap
- 1 Zeagle plastic tank strap
- Benthic 18 lb wing (I'm not using an STA as the wing has supports built in)
- 2 HOG 10 lb. weight pockets.

For my local diving I use a Deep Outdoors harness with a SS backplate. I wear a 7mm wetsuit for local SoCal waters and I really like this harness. It's very heavy though and after hauling it to Hawaii a couple of times, I decided to get something that traveled better. I like a BC that I can walk distances with. I wanted the support and comfort of a back-pad between me and the BP. I know this does not make for a KIS, but this is my preference. Digging around the interwebs, I was unable to determine if I could use a BP with the HOG Flex Harness. I called Randy at Piranha and he confirmed that I could. Randy does an amazing job and helped me with all the parts that I did not have.
I have to say this setup works VERY well for me. It provides the best support of a tank that I've ever experienced. Not sure why, but I think even better than my Deep Outdoors harness. The Deep Outdoors harness probably has better support for on land hiking though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom