HOG D1 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NotOnlyButAlsoPete

Registered
Reaction score
So I missed the flash sale on the two Apeks TX50s and first stage for $299, but I think I'm ok with that. Nobody local to me services Apeks, so I think I may have done the right thing in passing...

I'm seriously looking at the HOG D1. My only question is about the product options. For $20 more I can get the first stage in "DIN sealed." Does this mean that it will not be an environmentally sealed regulator if I go with Yoke?

Hog D1 Regulator Set - Dive Right in Scuba

Any other feedback on this set before I pull the trigger? I'm a new diver and I'll be mostly diving in SoCal, with some trips to Baja maybe in the summer.

That reg in your link is not a enviro-sealed version, and it is a DIN connection. Those are two different options.

FWIW: you can get the sealed upgrade kit for a D1 if you find a great deal on a non-sealed version.

that's what it looks like, although you should call/email DRIS to be sure. They probably could sell you the yoke sealed version if you wanted it. you could also get a din to yoke converter or buy an additional yoke fitting to have the flexibility of using the reg with both din and yoke tanks.

ocean safari in san gabriel should be able to service apeks.

Last edited:
YES, should call DRIS to find out if they will still sell you the Apeks sets at $299.00.

I guess a bit more to the point, we have Apeks and HOG in our house. We are happy with both. But at that price, with 2 seconds vs 1 for the HOG, if you can still get the deal it should be a no-brainer - for me, anyway.

I was only looking for a 1st, and was going to buy a HOG and pair it with an existing HOG 2nd for a stage bottle. The Apexs deal was too good to pass up so I opted to spend a bit more to get a lot more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom