Hog Classic 2nd stage service kits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waffle and a reg ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mmmmmmmmmm

There’s a Waffle House next to Divers Supply’s Marietta, GA location, too. Coincidence ... or is the prospect of breakfast while waiting for a fill part of a clever business model. :wink:

I gotta get me down south!

Hi there,

I am trying to find replacement parts for the soft seat that plugs into the plunger/piston on my 2nd stage classic. I do not see a classic service kit available on the edge website. Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to order this part?

Best,
Brian
Edge doesn't sell the service kits to the public, dealers do that. As far as individual LP seats those are also available but what makes you sure that you only need those and not the full kit?
You should also be able to get them from your HOG service course instructor if they are still current.
I usually have half a dozen or so seats on hand but they may not be the same as what are in the current kits. Edge/HOG has used several soft seats over the years. They came in black, red, orange, and the current ones are now light blue. There are some small differences in the composition of the seat and the new blue ones are a tad softer than the red ones.
I have also seen regs come in for service that supposedly were done with actual kits but had seats that HOG never used.
Maybe that's why they sent them to me instead of the place that did them the last time?
I've got dozen or so kits in stock now and have red (10), orange (12), and light blue (2) soft seats.
How many do you need?

Edge doesn't sell the service kits to the public, dealers do that. As far as individual LP seats those are also available but what makes you sure that you only need those and not the full kit? ...
Maybe that's why they sent them to me instead of the place that did them the last time?
I've got dozen or so kits in stock now and have red (10), orange (12), and light blue (2) soft seats.
How many do you need?

Hi Jim,

I've disassembled both of my 2nd stages due to minor free flows and have seen the soft seats are quite badly grooved - I understand this is usually caused by adjusting the 2nd stage without holding the purge button. Thanks for the info on the different seats used, mine are the red version. After inspecting the internals I am pretty confident it's just the soft seat that needs replacing but I would be happy to purchase the full kits as it wouldn't hurt to do a full service. I will PM you for details.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply.

All the best.

Back
Top Bottom