Hog 32 lb wing bladder question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CT Sean

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all. Got a Hog 32 lb wing for Christmas. Quality wise it seems top notch.

Question regarding the bladder though - it seems like it's too big for the outer shell. When it is inflated it seems quite crumpled. I tried removing and re-inserting but can't seem to resolve the "crumpled-ness" . The crumpling even seems to cause it inflate strangely - like the wing is not on a single plane when fully inflated (even when attached to the plate) - like it's slightly twisted.

For other Hog wing owners - does this sound normal - or should the bladder be nice and smooth inside the shell?

thanks

mine has a little crumple at the very bottom but otherwise its pretty smooth throughout. Where did you get it from i was under the impression they were still out of stock everywhere..

post some pics so we can know for sure if its normal crumple or something unusual...great wing though i love mine,

I have an Oxycheq 40 doubles wing that is made the same way. I've heard that some dive rite wings were made the same way, one bladder for multiple shell sizes.
It might be common practice for some manufactures. Others make bladders that match their shells.
-Mitch

mine has a little crumple at the very bottom but otherwise its pretty smooth throughout. Where did you get it from i was under the impression they were still out of stock everywhere..

post some pics so we can know for sure if its normal crumple or something unusual...great wing though i love mine,

I got it from Scubatoys.com - ordered the 1st week of December

Pix as requested - It is inflated pretty much just to full - Most of the crumpling is in the mid sections of the top and bottom of the wing - where you see the outer shell bunched up - there's actually quite a bit of crumple in the bottom part
DSC_6435.jpg

view from the top - you can see it it twisted when inflated. when attached to the backplate it removes some of the twisting but it is still very much there.

DSC_6436.jpg

From the bottom - more twist

DSC_6438.jpg

mine has the crumple at the top and bottom....most wings i have seen have that. the twist though is unusual looking, maybe try putting a tank on it and see if it straightens out. i dont know how ur weighting is but i rarely inflate mine to full potential so if your like me the twisting shouldnt be much of a problem. Have you dove it yet?

My Oxycheq Mach V wing (30#) crumples a bit, but when you strap it to a BP and slap on a tank the crumple is either nonexistent, or at least it is minimal and confined to the areas that are most impacted by compression from the tank. Personally I would not worry about it. Have fun!

Last edited:
I would PM cerich and have him look at the pictures. Our HOG wings don't do that.

My Oxycheq Mach V wing (30#) crumples a bit, but when you strap it to a BP and slap on a tank the crumple is either nonexistent, or at least it is minimal and confined to the areas that are most impacted by compression from the tank. In fact, if there was not any "crumple room," tank compression might adversely affect your lift and bladder life. Personally I would not worry about it. Have fun!

With the much wider centre panel of the HOG wing, finding a plate to match it to, without causing any wing compression, shouldn't be a problem.

With the much wider centre panel of the HOG wing, finding a plate to match it to, without causing any wing compression, shouldn't be a problem.

I was hypothesizing. I do not mean to authoritatively commend on the deign of Oxycheq wings. Your post is valid and I will edit my previous post to remove my conjecture.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom