HOG 2nd on an Atomic Z2 1st Stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As info, Hog D1 is a first stage. You more than likely meant a Classic/Zenith combo of second stages.

I figured he meant buying a D1+Zenith combo and using the Zenith as an octo.

I'd just stay with the Z2. If you put it on a necklace under your neck, flip the mouthpiece up so it is facing into the water after you descent *has to be mouthpiece down when you enter otherwise any regulator will freeflow*, and you should be fine. Otherwise ask your buddy or an LDS to turn it down a little bit on the bench so it is less prone to freeflow

As info, Hog D1 is a first stage. You more than likely meant a Classic/Zenith combo of second stages.

Correct, I meant the Classic 2nd stage.

I'd just stay with the Z2. If you put it on a necklace under your neck, flip the mouthpiece up so it is facing into the water after you descent *has to be mouthpiece down when you enter otherwise any regulator will freeflow*, and you should be fine. Otherwise ask your buddy or an LDS to turn it down a little bit on the bench so it is less prone to freeflow

Getting it de-tuned a bit may be the answer. The way I have it bungied is mouthpiece down while it hangs and that works for the most part; however, now and again when i change body position, it will free-flow. Now, that may very well change once I got to a 5' primary and a 22" octo hoses; right now they are on OEM Atomic hoses, 32" and 36" respectively.

Both of second stages (primary and backup) on my ST1 and B2 are the same brand/model and I never have free flow issues u/w at all. I de-tune whichever second stage that isn't in my mouth by turning the adjustment knob all the way in and never had a problem at all.

Check your Atomic Octo. at your LDS to make sure that it is tuned right and that there aren't other issues with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom