Hmmm...another guy from Florida so it seems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Florida eh? Seems like the only place I want to go diving now adays. Its to cold here. welcome to the board.:)

Thanks for the welcome Tim and Rooster.

I've done some cold water (it was cold to me! I know...it was only 69 degress but I only had a wet suit on) dives. I like warm water dives better but I think once I get dry suit cert I could enjoy cold water much much better.

I'm on the opposite coast, Cocoa Beach...mainly a surfing town, the good diving is mostly south of me

I was over there last year a little bit before spring vacation and a lot of shops were having big sales on surf boards...I love to surf but I never get the chance to really because we have NO WAVES on this coast;-0

Hey PaulB, Another newbie here. I'll make you a deal, you come up here and enjoy our 45 degree water and I'll go down there and enjoy your 70 degree water (I won't even mind if I have to wear a wetsuit:) ). Seriously, think about it, it would be an experience :)

I'm a small wave surfer(& warm water)...Big waves are scary.

My son...who is just getting into the pro surfing circuit heads over to Bradenton whenever a strong cold front passes or a hurricane gets into the gulf.

Over Thanksgiving, my younger son and I dove out of Clearwater. I also dove Elliot Key once....Parents live in Largo

Hey PaulB, Another newbie here. I'll make you a deal, you come up here and enjoy our 45 degree water and I'll go down there and enjoy your 70 degree water (I won't even mind if I have to wear a wetsuit ). Seriously, think about it, it would be an experience

I'd like to have kids one day and I seriously think that water that cold may hamper my abilities to have them! lol. How about you just come down here and I'll stay right here :D

My son...who is just getting into the pro surfing circuit heads over to Bradenton whenever a strong cold front passes or a hurricane gets into the gulf

Oh yeah...there is nice surf when a hurricane comes in..if you like the whole 90 mph winds and flying debris and storm surge that could carry you on your surf board into the next county.....hey wait...that sounds kinda fun :mean:

come on out to ole cape cod for some cooold water surfing in august,,,, warmest i've seen is 68f........ but the good surf is in the late fall,,, temp is 50's then.......

buck

Back
Top Bottom