Hmm...taking a mannequin to prom?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JahJahwarrior

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So, last year at prom sucked. I'm not the outgoing, party type, so even though my date was ravishingly beautiful and litereally goes to school to be a dancer, my evening sucked. I spent most of it sitting in the corner as she danced with other people. Well, that friendship is just that now, a friendship. She lives a ways away and I don't think she'll be going to prom with me this year. I'm a senior and already have a tux, so I'm going to prom, but I want to be creative, and take a mannequin.

Only problem is, I can only find them for about $100 on ebay. Does anyone here have a mannequin they could sell me cheap, or know of a good place/way to get one? I'll settle for a girl without a head, and if I had do I'd consider buying a dress form. I've got some girls who'll loan me clothes for her/it, and it does need to be a her, since I'm a guy and definitely not gay! I can get a wig.

And no, stealing one or breaking one and then taking it out of the trash later are not viable options.

So tell me, does anyone here have a mannequin? And how did you get it?

ooook.... so.... you could take a nice girl, dance, have fun ... then park for a while, enjoy her company, hold her maybe, kiss some ... have a nice night, no pressure, nothing has to happen...

and you want to take a mannequin???

:wink:

JahJahwarrior:
I'll settle for a girl without a head...
Well... yes, there are some advantages. :D

(edt: OUCH! My wife just hit me for that.)

Rick Inman:
Well... yes, there are some advantages. :D

well yeah thanks Rick

i was laughing and my wife came to see why i was laughing and then whapped me in the head

H2Andy:
i was laughing and my wife came to see why i was laughing and then whapped me in the head
Ha! See my edit above!

what is it with these violent wives?

H2Andy:
what is it with these violent wives?
No comment.

(lesson learned)

Well, girls might be nice, but mannequins have their advatnages.

Last year, I drove her to prom and we had to stop at her grandparents house for a whiel first. After prom, my paretns didn't want me driving that late and her parents didn't either, so they picked us up and her dad drove me home. I danced something like 4 songs and pissed her off because 1) I didn't dance much (the music was all hip hop, I like slow dancing) 2) I didn't dance with her much (she was busy dancing with other people to music I didn't want to dance to) 3) I sucked at dancing with her 4) on the dance where ladies pick, some girl grabbed me and apparently that is a dance for dates. Why don't they call it that, I don't know, but she was pissed and her parents thought it was rude of me. Look, I don't know dance etiquette but I'm a useful guy! 5) overall the night sucked.

Mannequins don't talk. Mannequins don't complain. I don't have to get drinks for a mannequin. Mannequins don't have bedtime limits. Mannequins don't dance with other people. I'm planning on showing up, dancing one or two dances with my mannequin, then taking pictures the rest of the night. Also, if I show up ith a mannequin, people will laugh and remember me longer. I'm setting lots of Cornerstone Academy firsts and that is the way I like it. I've been setting lots of records this pst year and my goal is to be infamous.

And now that I'm buying a truck (might even have it at the megadive!!!) I won't dare spend $100 on a mannequin. Oh, also, I won't hav eto buy the mannequin a ticket, which saves me something like $25 or $30. And no dinner in advance! $15 there too.

That's a slippery slope your starting on, mannequins to the prom, it's just a short hop of reasoning to blow up dolls. Then again you could take the blow up doll to the prom just be careful pinning on the corsage.

Be a hero, take some girl that needs a date.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom