Hitchhikers ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love looking for hitchhikers in the jellies. I like the little fish that swim around in their bells. Nice pics, Bob.

Great pics - they remind me how much I love the macro world! So many small things. Most of them I can no longer see without my camera.

Our last trip to Bonaire had my divebuddy frantically gesturing at a west indian sea egg. We had talked earlier in the week about the tiny squat urchin shrimp that lived on them (which I had never before seen). I took her gestures as a clue that something was a foot. I still have not seen them! Too small. I did manage to take a picture of them. Squat Urchin Shrimp | www.kengiffen.com

On a prior trip we also had the pleasure of seeing another photogs pictures of a small creature. She did not not what it was. We both immediately identified it as a Solitary Gorgorian Hydroid (i love them) and then both expressed surprise because her picture clearly showed a flock of very tiny tiny shrimps living on the hydroid.

Great shot Ken. Another of my favorite things is accidental pictures. Several times, I've taken a picture of a subject and then when I open it in full size on the computer go "Holy Cow, why didn't I see that!?"

Back
Top Bottom