Hit the Right Inflator Button - Save a Life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or you could just dive with standardized equipment . . . :D

:shakehead: Nah that would make the sport a bit black.:D

The reg. in the pic. is an Oceanic Omega II

I have such a thing somewhere with a Mares Beta.
Ah ... correct.

See, you learn something every day! I had no idea that Oceanic or Mares made anything even remotely resembling that reg. I 'umbly bow to those way more informed than I! :acclaim:

It's actually an excellent setup. When I worked with Rich Pyle on a paper on Deep Reef dives to 500 feet, or so, he was using two Air IIs as part of his rig an I was using a couple of Mares second stages on these inflators. I later switched them both to Oceanic OMEGA IIs, which is a better ssytem since then there is no "handedness."

"I'm guessing you've come across some integrated seconds on the inflator assembly"

I had this on my first BCD, deflate was at the end of the spare, inflate was in a rather difficult to reach position. After about a year the whole thing was rebuilt to be more 'standard' as my reg was discontinued and I needed a new one and therefore new occy and didn't need the one on the bcd, something about not having parts to rebuild it as well.

I still get confused with my own buttons at times and have been known to wander around the house with my BCD on quizzing myself.

I had this on my first BCD, deflate was at the end of the spare, inflate was in a rather difficult to reach position. After about a year the whole thing was rebuilt to be more 'standard' as my reg was discontinued and I needed a new one and therefore new occy and didn't need the one on the bcd, something about not having parts to rebuild it as well.

I still get confused with my own buttons at times and have been known to wander around the house with my BCD on quizzing myself.

I definitely need to try that. I've only had my Octo-Z for one dive and I still manage to hit my own wrong button! Wonder if arrow stickers would help :dork2:

Back
Top Bottom