History of Scubaboard...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firebrand

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was sitting here at my desk, and after reading some threads and viewing a few profiles, I began to wonder what the history of Scubaboard.com was. Who started it? When was it first launched? Who has the most posts? Who was the first member (other than the creators)? What are the other significant milestones Scubaboard has had?

I,f i remember well started by KingNeptune and wife and sold to netdoc around a year or two ago thats when the board changed face was remodeled and ads were added !

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....

ohhh wait, that is another history.....

I remember that there was a thread on the History of the board. Maybe try a search?

I often wonder if King Neptune and Ladydiver still visit the boards, but with different usernames.

When I first joined the board I was able to read every post, every day!! It only took me a week or two (in my spare time) to read all of the past posts!! Try doing that now :wink:

Tavi:
............When I first joined the board I was able to read every post, every day!! It only took me a week or two (in my spare time) to read all of the past posts!! Try doing that now :wink:

You and me both Tavi.
I use to read all the post and answer most of them every day. I think you, Natasha and myself are the longest still active members. In the early days there was a list of all the members and the date when they joined. If I remember correctly I was member #16. I think I am the "oldest" active member. How things have changed.

herman:
You and me both Tavi.
I use to read all the post and answer most of them every day. I think you, Natasha and myself are the longest still active members. In the early days there was a list of all the members and the date when they joined. If I remember correctly I was member #16. I think I am the "oldest" active member. How things have changed.

Herman, I think Tech Admin is member number 1 and he's still active. Other than him, you might be the oldest active member, you and Natasha both have me beat by two months. You both joined the month SB started operating. Dee is also still active and she joined about the same time I found my way in here.

So what kind of servers does it run on?

multi-cpu? (SUN/Sparc, SGI/MIPS, HP/pa-risc, Intel, TRS-80 (heh) ?)
unix or dreaded 'winders' platform?
apache, netscape or other http deamon?
disk space required?
bandwitch requirements?
anything fancy? (mirroring, etc).

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom