Hiring Part-Time and possibly Full-Time divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a Commercial Diver too, Why arnt you in the GOM right now.

Hi

Yes, this is very true. We get alot of NON commercial divers, doing commercial diver jobs here in victoria, BC. Zinc replacements, hull inspections, etc, are for certified commercial divers only. And big fines will be charged against companies if found to be using non certified divers. Never mind the lawsuits if anything does every happen to that PADI diver. I think this company that posted this message is doing exactly that, and now he is backtracking to save his ass. I am a commercial diver, that has paid 30,000 plus, and continue to pay, for my certifications, and no wonder I sometimes have a hard time finding postings. Its cause I always fine, a non certified diver, doing the jobs that I have been trained to do. And when I do find a non certified commercial diver working the docks, I am proud to report him and his company to the goverment. I am very offended by this posting.

It's a three year old post, hopefully he has a response by now

Hi

. I am a commercial diver, that has paid 30,000 plus, and continue to pay, for my certifications, and no wonder I sometimes have a hard time finding postings. I am very offended by this posting.

Gee Whiz, Did this 3 year old post really offend you?

There are NO LAWS that says a diver has to be certified to go diving. If a guy has all his own gear, can fill his own tanks, and knows how to clean a hull....well here in the U.S. he can go clean hulls. I don't know how that applies to working for someone else, but you can do it on your own. The scuba industry is SELF REGULATING. Just saying.... not that I agree with it,......but you Canadians are spouting off about something that you oviously don't know about. I clean lots of hulls and do all sorts of underwater work......I prefer SCUBA.

There are NO LAWS that says a diver has to be certified ... I don't know how that applies to working for someone else, but you can do it on your own. The scuba industry is SELF REGULATING.

Well, if you do have someone working for you doing anything other than instruction, google "OSHA" and get back to us about that self regulating thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom