Highlighted quotes within message?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaseyJr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Almost embarrased to ask, but how do you get the message quotes to show up in your post where they're in the highlighted or "recessed" box thing? You know, where a poster will "quote" another poster then comment on that (maybe) just one section of the original. I looked through the FAQ's page, but guess I'm BOARD challenged.

:confused:

Almost embarrased to ask, but how do you get the message quotes to show up in your post where they're in the highlighted or "recessed" box thing? You know, where a poster will "quote" another poster then comment on that (maybe) just one section of the original. I looked through the FAQ's page, but guess I'm BOARD challenged.

:confused:

Like this?

If this is what you mean, you click QUOTE button at the bottom of whatever post you are trying to quote.

You can also use the little "quote" button in your Quick Reply section, and paste in whatever you want to quote. The quote button in quick reply is the last button.

quote.gif
for one message,
multiquote_off.gif
for two or more messages. :)

Like this?

If this is what you mean, you click QUOTE button at the bottom of whatever post you are trying to quote.

You can also use the little "quote" button in your Quick Reply section, and paste in whatever you want to quote. The quote button in quick reply is the last button.

Wow! Quick response on that reply! Yes, that's what I meant. Saw the "quote" button but didn't know how to use it. So go to the post I want to quote, and click the button on THAT post?

Hey! I did it! Thanks DivingPrincessE!

Well done Casey! You'll be a quotin' fool in no time :wink:

DivingPrincessE:
CaseyJr:
Like this?

Wow! Quick response on that reply! Yes, that's what I meant. Saw the "quote" button but didn't know how to use it. So go to the post I want to quote, and click the button on THAT post?

Hey! I did it! Thanks DivingPrincessE!
The next lesson will be on how to do nested quotes within a quote, with bold or underline. :chicken:

Back
Top Bottom