high volume comp.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brucebowker

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Any suggestions on a high volume (20 to 30 cfm) compressor that would run in 90 degree ambient temp? Also running many hours a day? Anyone have any experience with Sauer or L&W units?

Thanks
Bruce

I don't know about that high a volume, but I've worked with an L&W 280L/minute compressor (that would be about 10cfm, by my very approximate mental reckoning!) in the Philippines - high temperature and high humidity. Fitted with the interstage refrigeration unit and automatic drains, we ran it for at least 3-4 hours a day every day and after something like 1500 tank fills we still got straight zeros across the board when the compressor was tested for air quality.

Assuming that L&Ws high-volume compressors are as good, I'd think they'd be exactly what you're looking for. I'd have one here (the Solomons), but we're just too far from anyone who'll support it and I couldn't find anyone who'd sell me one and ship it here!

Thanks. That's the input I need.

Bruce

Bruce, Call Jess Stark of Stark industries in Houston. He usually has some high volume machines 5-6000PSI and I know he has some rebuilt units that are good
His phone is 713-592-0377 or Stark Industries
Frogman 62

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom