Question High season / low season in Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm thinking of a trip to Anilao for the nudi's

Is there much difference between the High (Oct 1 -- June 30) or Low (July 1 — Sept 30) vis for shooting macro?

Hi John,
I have dived down in Anilao all months over several years, and no matter the month, there is always plenty to see, if your guide chooses the right dive sites. Viz wise, in a few hundred dives down there, I don't recall it ever being bad enough to stop picture for macro. This year if feels like less rain than normal, though with it currently May/June being rainy season, I would still expect 10m or more viz, with in my experience Nov/Dec probably the best viz, 30m or more if lucky at some sites.
Cheers

I've dived Anilao in March, April, May, end of June / beginning of July, October and November, all have been good vis wise and critter wise.

I did get caught out in the May trip when it rained every day and the water was colder than what I was prepared for (26C).

I just arrived in Panglao Bohol today for ten days of diving. I come to Philippines all through the year. For macro that is there year round.
Macro I like to search for by myself but a good guide will do that for you too. I am not concerned about wet weather when diving unless it's a typhoon.

I'm thinking of a trip to Anilao for the nudi's

Is there much difference between the High (Oct 1 -- June 30) or Low (July 1 — Sept 30) vis for shooting macro?
Your only concern is typhoon.
Best time is from late Jan to early May but do avoid Easter.

Had a super typhoon last year in August, so lost some days of diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom