High quality documentaries?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wheeler925

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anyone recommend me some good diving documentaries? Specifically what I'm looking for is expedition type. Think 'Free Solo' esque (for those unaware, this is an outstanding documentary about a famous climber climbing El Capitan with no ropes).

Not a scuba doc but a free diving one: Deepest Breath. It is an absolutely stunning film.

Check out Blue Water White Death (1971). It's a true "expedition" in every sense of the word, and has some very notable folks from the diving world, like Ron and Valerie Taylor, and Stan Waterman.

I was able to find it on Youtube at one point. It was released on DVD.

It's not an expedition but an incredibe rescue.
The Rescue by NatGeo (Disney +)
It's about the rescue of the 13 Thai children in the Tham Luang flooded cave in July 2018.

Here is a Cousteau expedition to the Antarctic -- a two-parter -- from over fifty years ago, narrated by Rod Serling -- with the dedicated crew using anything and everything but Aqua-Lung or US Divers gear . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom