High Pressure Port Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On the other hand, suppose you start your dive with only a bottom timer and an SPG?
What's the difference between continuing a dive with a bottom timer and SPG if a computer craps out?

Does every diver carry a redundant set of gauges?

The Kraken:
On the other hand, suppose you start your dive with only a bottom timer and an SPG?

I end the dive if it fails.

Does every diver carry a redundant set of gauges?

On dives where I need guages to exit... yes.

I carry primary equipment and backups to that equipment. If a primary device fails.. I'm not sticking around for something else to fail.

I think you may have missed a short section there, Spectre.
At one point one of the correspondents stated that, were he using a computer but still had a back up SPG, depth and time indicating device, he would end the dive if the computer failed.

I had trouble justifying this response because one could continue the dive because the diver has access to all pertinent information concerning the dive, given that a dive plan had been effected.

The Kraken:
I think you may have missed a short section there, Spectre.
At one point one of the correspondents stated that, were he using a computer but still had a back up SPG, depth and time indicating device, he would end the dive if the computer failed.

Nahh.. I didn't miss it. I'm pretty sure we aren't misunderstanding each other. I'm pretty sure it's just a basic, simple, difference of opinion.

Ok.

JS1scuba:
... Since you will be using this on a single tank set up you will most likely never get into a decompression situation...

I used this same logic with my instructor when I finally had to get certified in the late 60's. However, it is certainly possible to enter deco on a single tank. I've done it several times with my HP120 at points where my air was less than half gone (therefore 60 cu ft consumed).

Of course the T's do add another potential failure point. However in my experience, with good equipment, my only failures have been with hoses.

Dr. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom