High Pressure Port Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rried

Reaction score
My Titan reg has one high pressure port (4 lp ports). I am trying to figure out how to install a wireless air pressure unit, but don't want to loose the pressure guage. So the question is whether there is a way to install two hp units in one hp port.

Or do I need to give up my Titan for a new reg with two hp ports?

you will have to have 2 hp ports...there is no way to have to hp devices on 1 hp port...

Check Tech-Blue.com. They make a fitting that goes into a H/P port that will acommodate 2 H/P hoses.

Wow, that's the exact same catalogue number that Tech-Blue has for $34.95 but they put a "TG" in front of the 57215.

rried:
My Titan reg has one high pressure port (4 lp ports). I am trying to figure out how to install a wireless air pressure unit, but don't want to loose the pressure guage. So the question is whether there is a way to install two hp units in one hp port.

Or do I need to give up my Titan for a new reg with two hp ports?

The Aqualung Titan only has 1 HP port. You can install two HP units using an HP "T" but I have to beg the question as to why? The thing about technology is to either trust it or not. Since you will be using this on a single tank set up you will most likely never get into a decompression situation. If the transmitter goes out you will still have your deco data, depth and time etc. You ascend, do the saftey stop and get out. If you are using a Vytec then that's how that works, if a Gemini then you make sure you have the "smart" wrist unit.

I've been using hoseless technology since the early 90s once you get comfortable with your unit you wont be looking for the pressue gauge.

Regards,

JS1 wrote:
"You can install two HP units using an HP "T" but I have to beg the question as to why?"

If one uses an air intergrated computer along with a diving watch that gives both time and depth, having an SPG as a back up to one's computer can allow the diver to continue the dive should the computer become inoperative.

With this configuration one still has time, depth and gas quantity, the three elements necessary to continue the dive. One assumes, of course, that the dive was planned and the diver can continue the dive based upon his/her plan.

There is an active thread wherein a diver is diving an air intergrated computer as a primary computer and has a redundant computer as a back up. The back up computer is not air intergrated.

The Kraken:
If one uses an air intergrated computer along with a diving watch that gives both time and depth, having an SPG as a back up to one's computer can allow the diver to continue the dive should the computer become inoperative.

Maybe it's just me... but when -any- primary device goes, my secondary is to get me out; not to keep going.

What would be so important that you would keep going after a failure??

Spectre:
What would be so important that you would keep going after a failure??
Its a very minor failure if your transmitter were to lose signal with the receiver. I see no reason to end a dive for that if you have a back up SPG. That would be like calling a dive cause you forgot to use defog in your mask. :D

I could see your reason if the computer itself stopped working or the transmitter started leaking air, etc.

Back
Top Bottom