High Island 389-A Rig @ FGB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a request for 40 days in Texas next summer, so that would put me back there. We'll see if I win the bid...

If you do, please see if Nauticam would be interested in the Flower Gardens, Stetson Bank, and deep rigs for their annual event aboard The Spree. Oh yea, and keep it rebreather friendly.

If you do, please see if Nauticam would be interested in the Flower Gardens, Stetson Bank, and deep rigs for their annual event aboard The Spree. Oh yea, and keep it rebreather friendly.

Heck, I'm in for doubles friendly with no deco....and have about 10 others that would join in a heartbeat.

That's good to know, Frank. Do you know if its final fate has been determined yet? Are they going to cut it at 80 FSW (or perhaps shallower?) or are they still planning on removing it completely?

I loved diving there with you guys, though I'm guessing that the Spree won't be coming to Texas any more. I guess we still have the Fling, but I don't know if they still do that dive or not. I hadn't been to the FGNMS in about 4 years, but I'm kind of hoping to try to get out there sometime this summer.

- Bo
I just went on one of the Flings 3 day trips - June 24-26. We dove 11 times and Two dives were two different High Island rigs. One was a 389 platform, but I don't remember if it was A or not. E is sticking in my memory. However they did mention that it was being prepared to be moved and sunk as an artificial reef, so it may have been the same one.

But, yes, the Fling does still dive the platforms in the Flower Gardens, and they are some really nice dives.

There is a great deal to look at at 60' or so on a rig and at 60' on a rig in 100' water really is no different from being 60' on a rig in 400' water.
QAquF

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom