Hidden Gems of the Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Torontonian:
A lot of Americans buy vacation packages to fly out of a Canadian city to Cuba. Cuba and Dominican Rep are among the cheapest for a 1-wk all inclusive resort vacation. At the customs entering Cuba, they know not to stamp American passports, so there's no record.

Alternatively some go to Mexico first then to Cuba. But in any case, it won't be long before Cuba opens up. They the place will be swamped with Americans.
Yeah, I know. We are right across the river from Windsor. I know people who have gone through Canada. Pleople do it from Mexico and the Caymans, too. I just can't see taking the risk. I'm a lawyer, so I need a license to earn a living and breaking federal law isn't a real good idea. The odds might be low, but people do get caught. It's riskier now than it has been in a long time with the Bush administration. They have really clamped down on travel to Cuba.

You asked about Bonaire so here are a few...East Side Diving either by Boat or guided dive (yes there are some places you can enter on the east side, but need to be with guide especially if 1st timer), Cave Snorkeling (sorry no diving allowed in caves), unexplored wrecks on the east side, the worlds largest continuous blokart (landsailing) track in the world, learn to fish like a local..and I know quite a few of GREAT unmarked dive sites (shhhhhhhhh...I'm not telling online)..... topside libations, dancing, hanging around with the locals...favorite places tourists usually don't go.... I have lots of secrets...mmmmmmmmm...maybe I should write a book...Favorite Places on Bonaire Tourists don't go to but Should..... what a great idea...LOL.

Come find our little hidden gem St.Vincent. Un-found, no big crowds or resorts. Thriving reefs. Easy island hopping. We invite you to come stay with us at our private boutique resort facility. Full apartments starting at $99/nt. 3-1 exchange rate once your here. Free private concierge service, free wi-fi, free pick-up & drop off at the airport. All the comforts of home. Water safe to drink, English is the language and we have one of the lowest crime rates in the world. Please visit our website for lots of picture, information and videos. Consider it our personal invitation, we would love to show you our reefs.

Saba is a tiny island with great diving. You can stay on nearby St. Maarten if you like.

Back
Top Bottom