Hidden Beach 6-21-08 (Pictures)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coll

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Had a nice long dive today at Hidden Beach, I've never dove that as a site alone, usually do hidden beach to Breakwater but my girlfriend wanted to do it so we gave it a shot. Visibility was pretty poor when we dropped (~5ft) so we made out way to the edge of the kelp to let some light in and it opened up to about 10ft. Saw lots of opalescent nudis, lots of fish life. I was wondering if you clever folks could help me ID the white nudi with the orange tips? Don't believe I've seen that kind before and I'm having trouble with it. Also, the picture there, I'm sorry it's not very good, it looks to be some kind of clam? It had a green sort of circle inside it, could also use some ID help with that one! Best part of the dive was seeing a rainbow nudibranch go after a tube anemone, I always see them near each other but this time got a good video of the nudi going for lunch! As always, thanks and enjoy!

Attachments

• small clam.jpg
    small clam.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 25
  • small iris vs anemone.jpg
    small iris vs anemone.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 14
  • small lemon.jpg
    small lemon.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 21
  • small nudi.jpg
    small nudi.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 14
  • small nudi2.jpg
    small nudi2.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 16
  • small white.jpg
    small white.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 21
So it is! Thanks yangnome! While we're at it, what is the common name of Doriopsilla albopunctata?

So it is! Thanks yangnome! While we're at it, what is the common name of Doriopsilla albopunctata?

I don't know of one... Better to stick to scientific names I think.

White Spotted Dorid.

Also called White-spotted sea goddess, white speckled nudibranch, salted yellow doris, salted doris, white spotted porostome, and yellow porostome. That from Lamb/Hanby. Hence the suggestion about sticking to scientific names, though L/H also list its alternate scientific names as Dendrodoris albopunctata, Dendrodoris fulva, and Doriopsis fulva. Clear as mud :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom