Hid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickoz

Contributor
Reaction score
Saw a GreenForce HID light last weekend
Top light anyone has anything to say about them.

I was looking at them too.

interested in the F2 but unsure whether to get the 10w or 18w HID head.

I know brighter is always better but also trying to keep weight down and get a light that is still pretty damn bright.

Interested in responses

If you want it good and bright go get a UK light Cannon. I got one and I am very happy with the way it performs.

:D

Murat once bubbled...
If you want it good and bright go get a UK light Cannon. I got one and I am very happy with the way it performs.

:D

I believe they're talking about a canister light that is probably a bit cooler than the LC :)

A Light Cannon is a $150 recreational HID light that has been plagued with reliability problems. It's not very powerful and is awkward to lug around.

HID Canister lights are far brighter, carry a separate power source (the canister) and can project either 10 or 18 watts of light for upwards of 4 hours at a stretch. The starting cost for a Green Force HID Canister light is $790.

You won't find a lot of people around here who are big fans of the light cannon. While it may work fine for open water recreational diving, for many divers a Light Cannon is simply inefficient and not the proper tool for the job.

Boogie711 once bubbled...
HID Canister lights are far brighter

I'm not so sure about that. I haven't compared, but isn't the LC a 10W HID?

well , light cannon produces 10w hid beam. I know that it had reliability problems in the past but if you get the new version I think they fixed the problem. I ordered mine from leisure pro and received a 100% reliable product. I agree that LC100 may not be a comparision with a canister light which has a primary objective to last longer for cave dives or tech dives that last many hours but if you don't want to spend that many hours underwater LC could be a good option. I think if you get a proper working LC bearing in mind the price; one will be happy if the sole purpose is open water diving.

:wink:

BradfordNC once bubbled...
i guess the canister light is "cooler" because it costs almost $800

And it's more functional, has a more durable head, is rechargable, has a 4 hour burn time, is easier to handle..

Back
Top Bottom