HID lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kalekainxx:
The ones by Green Force look pretty cool. Anyone have any experience with them?

I Use a Green Force HID 100 for over 3 years now, I have a double 12 V battery pack, that gives me about 135 minutes of bright light. These lamps are virtualy indestructable!!! Top of the Bill!!!

greg1:
Henrikdk:
Word on the street is their patent was just pulled on the HID, it seems like they were not honest with the patent office. My experiences with their lights have been sub par as well as others I know of.

I have not heard good things in general about Sartek lights. All of the people I know with them refer to the Co. as Sorry-tek.

I've been researching what to buy lately and have been impressed with DiveRite. Just my .02

Polly

Well, I don't think you can find that much bad about them either.

All of the people I know with them refer the Co. as quali-tek :wink:
If you browse around, you will also notice, that they offer the best and fastest service on the market!

Just my HO

-Henrik

kalekainxx:
The ones by Green Force look pretty cool. Anyone have any experience with them?

yep, i have their 50W HID (equivilant to a 10W) and its a great light. very compact, very well made. upgradable down the line if you decide to go to a bigger lamp, you just swap it, and you can also get equipment for it to do video.

I just went through the whole 'what light do i want game' and ended up with the Green Force.

>Originally Posted by kalekainxx
>The ones by Green Force look pretty cool. Anyone have any experience with them?

Used GreenForce with Pro50 head for over a year without issue i till the battery pack went diving without the head early one morning on a liveaboard.. the battery pack was back mounted, and the umbilical was tucked into a pocket.. I recommend that you dont try this as the charger head is *not* water resistant at 40+ meters. :-(

I will be replacing the umbilical and battery pack with the arrow12 pack - check the web site.

Note that the marketing power rating for GF lamps do not match their power consumption... however... dont let that put you off, other than not being focusable they are awesome!

If you want focusable - look at the Halcyon lamps.

Jon

you can get a focusable bulb. its expnsive, but its an upgrade option.

joedelt:
you can get a focusable bulb. its expnsive, but its an upgrade option.

can you give me link to it I have looked on the greenforce web site and cannot find anything about heads with focus, or attachments..

thanks,

Jon

I bought a dive-rite 3 years ago. 10-watt HID wreck light. I never had so many problems with any other peice of gear, like I had with HID. I treated it gingerly yet I was always blowing bulbs.This was straight out the box. I was pissed. Finally I sent it back to dive-rite where they did there little thing, and voila. It went from a curse to a darling. I have had NO problems since they took a look at it. (balast issues) I have since up graded the battery to nimh to get some longer burns, and still have had great performance. Dive-rite gave me top notch customer service, witch is why I recomend there product...just follow the instructions on chargeing and care

Is 21w a little too much?? Unless you are caving or the sort. Who has tried both and can lend there thoughts. I have never dived a 21

Back
Top Bottom