HID Light experiences...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Mario,

Gold plating seems to make a LOT of sense, since gold is fairly non-reactive to most corrosives. I would imagine that solid gold connectors would not be resilient enough to withstand multiple connections.

BTW, I never did understand what you were so "Mad" about... :tease:

I'm not Mad as in Angry... it's Mad as in crazy! It's not something I thought of. :royal: added it to my signature line... and I thought it was funny, so I just left it there.

Yo MM,

Honestly, it was a tongue in cheek query. Insanity (and sometimes inanity) pervades your every post :tease: ...

Hey, it’s not like I said that like it was a -bad- thing. I must admit that I take great pride at my twisted view of this world (not to mention my awesome humility) and as they so aptly put it... it takes one to know one.

BTW, who are "they" anyway???

...and why do they put it so "aptly"???

:all:

Thanks for the all the feedback everyone. I'll definitely look into the other light manufactur's before I finalize!

If you see the video Mario keeps talking about, "Oil Rig Dive", it was shot using HID lights. Might give you an idea of what they do for underwater video !

Side note: If you are lucky, you will find an UK HID light some place on the Yukon. One of the shooters helping me on a TV shoot lost one!

Just got back from diving with DEEPSEA again. The dive was awesome. The objective was to film the Giant Black Sea Bass of of the Italian Gardens in Catalina. We'll have a story put together with some images soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom