HID bulb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1MyWay

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a 10w HID Dive Rite Wreck light thats about three years old and needs a new bulb. Does anyone know if the Welsh Allyn bulb and ballast will fit into the light head. I have viewed the photographs on the Allyn site and it looks like the same bulb, just not sure about the specs of the bulb and ballast. If not, can someone steer me in the right direction for a new bulb, or should I send it back to the manufactue for replacement. From what I understand most manufactures put the Welsh Allyn bulb in the lights to begin with.

I have a 10w dive rite light. I've heard the bulb replacement is spendy. I dropped my light head and cracked the reflector, bulb still works though. Any way, I called dive rite they recommend sending it them back to replace the bulb. Good luck.

The bulb in your Wreck1 light is a Welch Allyn bulb. Welch Allyn is the only company that makes HID bulbs, so all the other companies just buy the bulbs from them.

Any shop that deals DiveRite gear should be able to order you one. We've looked into buying them direct from WA, but it really isn't much cheaper. And you usually have to buy in lots of 100.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom