Hi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kscullin

New
Reaction score
Hi. I'm new here. I've loved diving since I was about 4, when my parents got me a mask, fins and snorkel to help me get over my hydrophobia. Well, it worked like a charm. I was PADI certified in 1980 (as soon as I could after I turned 14), and, unfortunately, I haven't been scuba diving since. I went snorkeling a few times until I lost a fin and didn't have the money to replace it. After that, I didn't know anyone who dove, so I just kind of fell out. I still don't like to swim on top of the water, so I still have a mask that gets a lot of use, but that's it.

Hi and welcome to the boards! :wave:
I'm one of your closest neighbors here. I'm about 100 miles NNW?from Elmira.

If your getting back into diving a "Scuba Skills Refresher Course" is Strongly recomended.

See you 'round the boards!

Welcome to the "family". You'll have a grand time here.

If you do get back under the waves, keep an eye out here for details of fun diving trips around Lake Ontario and the St Lawrence River. There are quite a number of us that are planning trips for the up coming year, Ontario Diver has got some GREAT ideas -- now he/we just have to start the ball rolling.

This is a great place to be even if you're not actively diving. There's so much to learn and so many nice people to talk to. Maybe you'll even get in the water with some of them!

Ber :bunny:

Hi kscullin

Welcome to the board :wave:

I would advise you to get back into the water. It still is a lot of fun!

Funny about your Hydrophobia.... Got myself one when I was about 6. Went into the sea with a playing boat up to I depth I could not reach the bottom. Scared my ass of! Anything deeper than a few inches wasn't right for me afterwards. Fortunately I got over it the following years... Now I am a member of a diving association called Hydrofiel (I guess that would read Hydrophile in English....) :wink:

Bye

Jorgen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom