Hi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Magnolia3

Contributor
Reaction score
I am Anne. Coming back to diving after a 40+ yr 'vacation'.
I never was officialy certified back then. I plan on doing it right this time..
Getting my PADI card over Thanksgiving up in Crystal River. My mom lives there, no hotel bills..
Way back when I was cave diving in north central Fla, and the keys.
I am here to learn, and lurk. I think, at the moment learning and bringing myself back up to speed is a wise thing.
Thanks for having me here.
Anne

ps.. I live in St. Pete but am looking to move 'home' to the Keys once I finish my computer school next Jan.

Hi Magnolia! That's awesome that you're getting back into diving.
Was it not nerve-wracking doing cave dives without ever being certified? I can only imagine how scared I would be without the confidence of having been trained to do it!
If you don't mind my asking, how did you train for that? :popcorn:

Hi Magnolia! That's awesome that you're getting back into diving.
Was it not nerve-wracking doing cave dives without ever being certified? I can only imagine how scared I would be without the confidence of having been trained to do it!
If you don't mind my asking, how did you train for that? :popcorn:

She says quite sheepishly... not much. We were 4 college kids. One of us actually had dive training and he sort of taught the rest of us. I had done 'caving' a lot prior to that. Transitioning to water wasn't all that hard for me. I was too young and stupid to understand the dangers I was putting myself in.. I do now. Cave diving is not on the current menu. I plan on open water for the time being and concentrating on my skills and doing things correctly. old age has made me quite cautious... :wink::) A.

Welcome aboard. great place to learn, meet new dive buddies and make great friends. :happywave:

Hi Magnolia, it's great that you're getting back into diving and doing it the right way. Have fun on your cert dive up Crystal River - should be prime time to see manatee.

Hi Anne!
Welcome, I just joined scuba board as well. I also am returning to the sport after many years and am much more wiser this time. I have learned so much from the wise advice of the nice people of this forum. My daughter and I went to Crystal River in August but got stormed out except for one short dive. You are going to have a great time.
Karen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom