Hi O2 mix 1st stage and equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boogeywoogey

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

Please advise on first stages that are already set and ready for high O2 mixes.

Accompanying second stage suggestions also important as a complete rig but, as we all know, the first stage is the important bit.

Thanks.

boogey

Any 1st stage that is factory O2 cleaned and uses O2 compliant lubes and parts will do. You can run the Poseidon Xstream DECO, the Apeks DS4 Nitrox (or the non as well even though they cannot legally publish it), Oceanic O2 Tech Reg, OMS Deco Reg......just to name a few. OR take a reg (almost any reg) and have the cleaning done on it to make it O2 ready.

Second stage is not an issue since it will never be exposed to high pressures of O2.

boogeywoogey:
Hello,

Accompanying second stage suggestions also important as a complete rig but, as we all know, the first stage is the important bit.

Thanks.

boogey

Define "high"? More than 21 is "high" when compared to air but I would not consider it "high" until it's really not useful for anything other than deco.

most regs are already set up for EAN up to 40%...it is still best to have your local dive center check out your reg prior to use, especially if you are using Nitrox regulary, almost all will need servicing more often as O2 can cause quicker deteriation of the internal components....this stands for 1st stage as well as your reg and octo.....most of your information can be found at the manufacturers WEB sites .....

Hi,

I would dearly like opinions on the possibilty of first stage (and second if your laziness gets me) of completely PURE/O2
gear. (that is for immediate use at 45% plus). Of course its the first stage.

Of course none of you have any idea......but please surprise me.....PLEASE.

Thanks.

boogey

boogeywoogey:
Hi,

I would dearly like opinions on the possibilty of first stage (and second if your laziness gets me) of completely PURE/O2
gear. (that is for immediate use at 45% plus). Of course its the first stage.

Of course none of you have any idea......but please surprise me.....PLEASE.

Thanks.

boogey

See my poste above, all those regs I quoted are good for pure O2 service.

boogeywoogey:
Hello,

Thanks.

boogey

Dear Boogey

Have you maybe considered doing a search? There is rather an abundance of information already available on this topic.

Also if you find that the members here dont have "any idea" you might consider asking on the decostop. www.thedecostop.com that is a technical board and I am sure you will get some interesting answers to your questions.

a non-ambiguous, properly phrased question.

We know the answers, you just don't know the right question to ask.

cyklon_300:
a non-ambiguous, properly phrased question.

We know the answers, you just don't know the right question to ask.

Dont be too hard on the guy. I suspect that English is at best his 3rd language.

Sorry all....my apologies. I know I'm a bit of a sod. My wife says the same.

Hopefully, this will be the right question, with some pre-amble...

I dive "normal" regs...no O2 claims. My question was/is, does anyone have advice comments on regs above 40%

What I was driving at, is, at what point could/would you stop using a standard rig and decide to have a completely O2 clean rig?? And then, what are the best rigs...as in brands...who has the best track record??

I have heard of people using standard gear with 100%. I wouldn't but....anyway, expert comments welcome.

kinetic

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom