Hi newly certified from NY.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,
Long Island and I don't have any plans to dive locally as of yet. Do you dive locally I guess in the late summer, early fall here the water could be ok.
I know there are a few dive shops not to far from me but I haven't checked them out... maybe I should.

We got certified in Key Largo so that's the only place we have dived. We certified on the 1st two days and was able to do a two tank dive on our third day. I didn't even need a wetsuit water was beautiful and warm.
I'm in NY (Westchester) late June-early Aug. each summer and dive mostly in CT (shore dives)--shallow. Sometimes in NJ, RI or Mass. NY water temps. go from 64-73 or so during that time. I use my shorty for convenience packing--sometimes a bit chilly early in my stay. There is a shore guide called NY/NJ shore diving or something. Shore diving in the area is shallow & not the greatest.

I'm in NY (Westchester) late June-early Aug. each summer and dive mostly in CT (shore dives)--shallow. Sometimes in NJ, RI or Mass. NY water temps. go from 64-73 or so during that time. I use my shorty for convenience packing--sometimes a bit chilly early in my stay. There is a shore guide called NY/NJ shore diving or something. Shore diving in the area is shallow & not the greatest.

I guess since I actually live in an island I should check it out more. Im still not comfortable driving without a guide especially since my 13 year old is with us. Are there guided shore dives?? Great options,. Thanks!

I guess since I actually live in an island I should check it out more. Im still not comfortable driving without a guide especially since my 13 year old is with us. Are there guided shore dives?? Great options,. Thanks!
I haven't heard of any, but could be. I know there are charters that go off the L.I. South Shore. A good place to contact would be Scuba New York (on Central Park Ave. in Yonkers). They may have some ideas. Mention my name--it won't get you anything, but who doesn't like saying that....?

I haven't heard of any, but could be. I know there are charters that go off the L.I. South Shore. A good place to contact would be Scuba New York (on Central Park Ave. in Yonkers). They may have some ideas. Mention my name--it won't get you anything, but who doesn't like saying that....?

lol, that's great.

Back
Top Bottom