Hi newly certified from NY.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michelle Grippo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, so glad there is this forum!!
I'm recently certified Padi in August 2019. Im 55 years old and got certified with my 13 yo son. My husband had been certified but refreshed in August as well. So I am planning a vacation to California for next August we would like to dive in Monterey Bay and Catalina Island. I definitely want guided dives because we lack experience. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Hello, so glad there is this forum!!
I'm recently certified Padi in August 2019. Im 55 years old and got certified with my 13 yo son. My husband had been certified but refreshed in August as well. So I am planning a vacation to California for next August we would like to dive in Monterey Bay and Catalina Island. I definitely want guided dives because we lack experience. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Welcome to Scubaboard and the wonderful world of diving!

I recommend that you post again on the subforum California

Welcome to ScubaBoard Michelle. You've come to a great forum where you can spend time during your surface intervals.
Congratulations on getting certified; nothing like diving with friends and family.

Thank you! I do love that it is something that we as parents can enjoy with our teenager and he with us. There are not that many activities like that.

Welcome and be prepared to dive a 7mm out west...brrrrr.

Been diving with our daughter since she was 14...no better family time spent.

Welcome from a Yonkers native. Where in NY are you from? Do you plan to dive locally?

Welcome from a Yonkers native. Where in NY are you from? Do you plan to dive locally?

Hi,
Long Island and I don't have any plans to dive locally as of yet. Do you dive locally I guess in the late summer, early fall here the water could be ok.
I know there are a few dive shops not to far from me but I haven't checked them out... maybe I should.

We got certified in Key Largo so that's the only place we have dived. We certified on the 1st two days and was able to do a two tank dive on our third day. I didn't even need a wetsuit water was beautiful and warm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom