Hi, new to LA from Austin TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

t3nchi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hi everyone, I posted this in another forum but was referred to this place, hope you all can help me with some questions.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/socal/248820-will-new-la-california.html

Hi everyone, I am from Austin TX and I will be moving to LA in a few weeks and I would like to continue my diving education there. I recently got certified for open water scuba and I've been digging for information on how to get back on track in scuba diving there.

Any good dive shops or meetup.com groups where scuba divers can meet up and talk about going diving etc? Or where I can sign up for local dives? Seems like these boards are also a good resource as well.

I was looking at joining hollywoodivers.com because they are 15 mins from where I'm going to be staying. A place where I can get gear, learn about upcoming trips.

I'm relatively new to all this so if you all could point me in the right direction to get more scuba diving done (especially locally), that'd be great. Thanks.

Looks like you all got local trips planned, sounds like fun, i'd like to join you all one of these days. Will be moving in 2 weeks. Once I settle down, would like to dive.

Glad you followed the post over :D Yep we do all local diving! Usualy both Sat and Sun. and then one night dive a week. Also there is a bunch of people in the Southbay area that do diving with us on weekends and do a night dive down that area. Any how hope you can join us on one of these dives.

Welcome Texas! What part of L.A will you be staying at? You'll find that there are a lot of active divers here in so.Cal, so finding some new buddies should'nt be too hard to do.

Never dove texas, what's the water temp there? You know we are essentially cold water diving right?

Welcome to SoCal and welcome to The Beach Crabs!

You came to the right place:wink: When you are settled in and want to get wet, check our schedule out, and come on out to a dive. In the mean time you are welcome to hang out here and get to know us, until we meet in person.

Rick

Never dove texas, what's the water temp there? You know we are essentially cold water diving right?

Brian! Like we told you before quit scaring them :D

I like to bring my pet great white out when I dive.

Hey! Thats right i rember him really well :D last time i saw him was in 5ft vis :D

I dive with a home made octopus for my buddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom