Hi - new this board and looking for a buddy and places to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba-karen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi.. I have been diving a couple of years now and have about 30 decent dives under my belt - I like to dive with Nitrox as prefer longer dives to really deep ones. I am looking for dive buddy(ies) for dive holidays in the summer and beyond. I am from London (UK) but like warm seas and sunny climes and like liveaboards and boat dives in open sea. I would also welcome ideas of where to dive in July and August.

Last edited:
I'd give you the same advice for anyone looking for dive buddies. Check your local dive shops. See if they have drop-in dives and join in; exchange numbers. You'd want to make sure your dive buddies are decent before going on a trip with them, wouldn't you? If not, you could just hang out at your LDS, talk to the employees and customers, and exchange numbers. Check if there are local dive clubs; join one and exchange numbers.

If you don't already dive locally, might as well try. I hear the UK has some excellent diving. If you don't already drysuit dive, it's pretty comfortable in colder waters.

we have some of the best diving in the world in Southern California IMHO

There are surprisingly few dive shops and clubs in London. I have emailed a few asking for when they next meet and I know that would be the best option and yes it would be nice to make sure dive buddies are decent first. Last year I went solo on a liveaboard trip to the Red Sea, so was sharing a cabin with a stranger anyway.. which worked out fine, but buddying up was a little more difficult as half the boat were from a dive club and others were already paired or family. Its that I am trying to avoid. I guess I will need to do my drysuit speciality to brave the cold waters here.. we are still have temperatures hovering around zero degrees Celsius and there's still snow on the ground, I do prefer warmer waters.

Back
Top Bottom