Hi my name is.....:D

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm am a newbie to diving in fact I dont even think newbie would describe how new I am to it I dont even start my dive classes untill july 23rd, I think. I've only dove once. It all started when my cousin, Kevin, held me tight,gave me his octo,and down we went! It was such a great experience! From then on Ive tried to reproduce it; with snorkels, holding weights to take me to the bottom of my pool, trying to use a bag to breath out of underwater and alot of other stupid and zany ideas. Since I was young I loved the water all, water sports appealed to me (even though I'm only 15!!) And now I'm going to re-live that awesome experience of breathing underwater!! I cant wait!! And I was wondering I'm from the sunshine state (aka Florida) is there any diving clubs for people my age in central florida (I live in Ocala!!) If so please inform me!! (by the way dont take my age as immaturity, even though I spell words wrong, I'm sure I can hold a great intelligble conversation with any of you!!:) )

:DPalmer:D

Welcome - and I think I've already chatted with you on another thread, about equipment, right?

You're so lucky you're starting so young - I only wish I'd gotten into diving a long time ago. I feel like I've missed out on so much but on the other hand, there is still so much to discover.

You're going to have a ball, kiddo... Good luck with your classes and have fun!

Come back and tell us all about it, and how your first dive trip goes...

C YA
:)

i will tll you how everything goes

You is brainier Thn I is.......
Welcome to the boards manling.I started snorkelling 24 yrs ago when I was 13 and have had a love for the water for ever and have dived for the last 16yrs.I think it's great that you can find something as exciting and clean living as diving.You will enjoy it for the rest of your life.Good luck with your upcoming course.
P.S....don't be worried about your age...people like Mario,Don the Lizard,KL and Divegal and myself (and kat) never seem to grow up....We're just kids that shave in different places is all....heheheheh.
Cheers Big Young Ears,
The one and only,
The Gasman

Who said I shave, Gman?? :D *snigger*

where do you shave???? :D

Hmmmm, Palmer - put your hands over your eyes... you're too young for this! :wink:

Gotcha..... !!

ALison what kind of dives do you do

Welcome Palmer!

Ahhhh....the excitement of a new diver...young or old! Its always that first breath underwater that you remember the most! My instructor thought I went into "passive" panic after we first started my intro dive. I was just so amazed that I just stared wide-eyed at everything (which was mainly sand, rocks, I think one fish swam by...) but it was a moment I will never forget!

Warning: entering the diving world can be hazardous to your checking account, and can alter your perception of the world in general. *grins*

Good luck and keep us posted!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom