Hi Ladies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spectre once bubbled...

There is a big difference between a 'bunny skiier' and a 'ski bunny'.

bunny skiier: One who skis bunny slopes.

ski bunny: Hard to truely describe. Sorta the female equivalent of ski bum; Also used to describe an attractive female skiier.

Yes... there is more from my teaching days:

hoodsie: Attractive, young first year female instructor.

Yummy Mummy: Attractive mother. I pointed 'em out to the older instructors, but given my age when I taught I payed much more attention to the hoodsies.

Bowler: A term that I now use in scuba as well. Someone that should put the skis away and take up bowling.

Back Bowls: Local term describing the non-existant 'good' skiing at the ski area I worked at. Often used in seperate context to mean the road back into the woods.

Rat: Season pass kid.

e.g.

M: "Did you see if that rat ended up getting a hoodsie to go to the back bowls with him?"

J: "No; I missed it. I was too busy witha bowler. However Dan was making a play on his yummy mummy".

other than recycling "bowler", have you developed a new slang language for scuba? if so, would you share?

much amused,

judy

(tw, i'm so tickled by your definitions that the bowler in me -- the real bowler, the one with funny-looking shoes who is currently dreaming of a new, 15-lb ball, isn't even wounded....:eek:ut: )

Kamikaze = little kids with crash helmets, no poles, and no sense of fear because they do not know how long it takes to heal.

Yard sale= the debris Field of ski equipment and articles of clothing left behind a fallen skier. For it to be a complete yard sale the articles removed from the skier must include: both skies,both poles, goggles or glasses, and hat . We give bonus points for gloves and body parts and a difficulty rating for total area covered by said articles.

Blue streakers= new skiers that do not own the proper clothing and wear new jeans to the slopes. When they fall down they leave behind long blue streaks in the snow from the die in the denim.

You know you are old when you can remember when snow boards were not allowed on the mountain.

Dectek once bubbled...
You know you are old when you can remember when snow boards were not allowed on the mountain.

hey, I'm 19 and I remember that, of course I grew up at lake tahoe and world class skiing. No wonder I hate the snow

Dectek once bubbled...
little kids with crash helmets, no poles, and no sense of fear because they do not know how long it takes to heal.

Those would be "brain buckets". And it's not that they have no sense of fear, it's that they bounce. You bounce up to about 7 or 8. Once you get beyond 7 or 8 you don't bounce as much anymore and you start to break things....

I'm not _that_ old, and I remember snow boarding back before they banned it, before they allowed them back.

First snowboard. 185cm Burton Express [back before the Safari was even out!]

That's why I ski Alta, Utah. No boards allowed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom