Hi Ladies - Newbie here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sailingk8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I just wanted to introduce myself in the Ladies section. I'm new to diving but been in the sailing community for years and they seem to have the same outward going, friendly type people. Scubaboard seems to be such an all encompassing place for scuba. I'm happy to have found it.
I have a trip planned to Islamorada in January to finish my Open Water certification and I'm so excited. Any one else new to scuba, got any tips for a Newbie?

Wish u a wonderful trip & many many wonderful dives after your OW.
Try to read the manual beforehand. Since u been sailing for years, guess you must be a confident water person, should enjoy diving very much! Just keep calm...

Thank you. :) I'm excited and have been watching lots of dive shows. I'm planing on taking my manual on the plane to refresh up before hand and we have been going to the dive center to practice dive with our new bits and pieces of equipment. I can't believe I put off diving for so long! I lived in Queensland, Hawaii, California and Florida at one point or another in my life. I guess it was just all those shark stories as a kid that kept me above the water.

Cheers! Tell us how your trip go, when u are back.

Back
Top Bottom