Hi, I'm a newbie from Houston...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zippecar

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm new to the idea of diving after having shelved the idea years ago for life and other nonsense. Now it's time to start exploring the life I've let slip by, and tramp stamps and tattooing are not going to cut it. Not by themselves anyway.

Some co-irkers are thinking about taking the basic certification classes and jumping off into Galveston Bay, I might just join them, but I'd like to explore other option besides that toxic soup, and even though high school was years ago, I don't wanna go by myself!!!!

Galveston bay? I'd pass on that.

Blue Lagoon, Mammoth, and 288 are the local spots around here.

Trashfest (New Braunfels, TX ) is coming up in October as well. There are day trips to be had & local clubs have outings to Stetson bank (Flower Gardens), rig trips, drive to FL etc.. lots of stuff and fun to be had.

Welcome to the board, give us an update on how things go!

Welcome to SCUBAboard.

Good Luck & Good Diving!

Galveston bay? I'd pass on that.

Blue Lagoon, Mammoth, and 288 are the local spots around here.

Trashfest (New Braunfels, TX ) is coming up in October as well. There are day trips to be had & local clubs have outings to Stetson bank (Flower Gardens), rig trips, drive to FL etc.. lots of stuff and fun to be had.

Yeah, I was looking at 288 and Athens websites over the weekend thinking that there have got to be better places to jump off into. Really going to date myself, but I have wanted to go down to the Flower Gardens since I saw them on "Eyes of Texas" years ago...

Welcome! There are a few places in the area to sharpen your skills.

Howdy and welcome! Happy diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom