Hi - I am new and need some advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bryan_FL

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,
I am new to the area(Ellenton), and to scuba diving. I completed my OW, AOW, and Nitrox courses while stationed in Hawaii. So far I only have the dives that I have gotten during the courses, but I fell in love with it, and I am anxious to start diving in Florida.

I am planning to continue my diving training with the Rescue diver course in the near future before school starts up, but going to spend most of the next few months diving in this area/ft. lauderdale, and key largo, so that I can get more comfortable in the water, and more experience under my belt.

Thanks, and I am eager to meet/dive with you all,
Bryan

Last edited:
Welcome to the area and the board. I'm not sure what advice you are looking for from you post but I'm sure whatever it is someone here will be able to help you. We have a very active group of divers here and there is always something going on so you will have plenty of opportunities to dive.

Oh, ya, I am sorry about that. Originally I was asking for some advice on some gear, but I found a more appropriate board on the forum to post that. I couldn't figure out how to change the title after I edited my post.

Welcome to the board. You shouldnt have any problems getting wet in Florida and gaining experience. Keep checking this forum to see if divers are looking for dive buddies. I often post my dive openings here.
Also we should be setting up another meet and greet VERY soon. This is a great way to meet face to face the divers in this area.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom