Hi from Trinidad!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midiver79

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, i registered on scuba board back in 2008 when i was still in michigan. Now that im in college down in trinidad, im looking into getting certified sometime in the spring. I'm looking forward to conversing with all of you on this board.

Bob

Hello, i registered on scuba board back in 2008 when i was still in michigan. Now that im in college down in trinidad, im looking into getting certified sometime in the spring. I'm looking forward to conversing with all of you on this board.

Bob

Bob,

Welcome to Colorado and the the Rocky Mountain Oysters (RMO):coffee:

-Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Good luck on certification. You can learn a LOT about diving by hanging out on SB.

I don't think there is an LDS in Trinidad. The closest maybe CO Springs. That is a bit of a hike, but you can do the class over a weekend if you choose, and maybe just drive up, and stay in a hotel. Or you can do the class over two weekends most likely. There are at least two shops out of CO Springs, Underwater Connection, and Divers Reef.

We make trips down to the Blue Hole about every other month, and you are an easy 3 hours dive from that area which is much better than the six hours we do each way living in the Denver Area. There are at LEAST two groups of folks diving in the Santa Rosa from the board in December, or at least that is the plan. Once certified you are welcome to join us, and you are welcome before getting certified, but Santa Rosa is not exactly an entertainment Mecca even if it is a fun place to visit at least once.

Good Luck,

These folks in Pueblo might be the closest to you:
Welcome to Aquatic Adventures!
From their website, it appears they conduct class and pool sessions for student divers, then issue referrals for your open water certification dives.

Welcome to the pond. As others have said, you are a driving distance from classes. My husband is an instructor at Scuba Company in Albuquerque and he has had several students from the southern end of Colorado over the years. I really don't know why they went with an ABQ shop instead of going up to Colorado Springs. The OW dives here in NM are conducted over at Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, and that is where most of the Colorado classes go for OW dives, too.
I have videos and photos of Blue Hole on my website.

robin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom