hi from the ATL - new diver/new board member

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba-cooper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker for a few weeks and thought I'd might as well take the plunge and join up. :dork2:

Diving is something I've always meant to do, and now it's a more than a hobby; it's a passion! Over the past three weeks I've completed certification for OW, Adv OW, and Nitrox, and I'm currently taking the Rescue diver/EMF/O2 courses, to be finished within the next two weeks, when I will hopefully dive more in the Florida Keys and/or Grand Cayman the following weeks.

In my short-lived experience so far as a diver, I've meet some pretty amazing people, and I've seen things that I've only ever dreamed about. I've only ever been to a few places but this will change very soon!

Anywhoo, I've enjoyed perusing the boards and am looking forward to reading more about you all, and about the glorious sport known as diving.

Lastly, if anyone in the ATL area is looking for (or doesn't mind) a newbie buddy tagging along your dives at Lake Lanier on the weekends, please drop me a line/pm. :D

Not to step on any toes, but I also am a registered Travel Agent, so if you've found a travel deal package you want to pursue, I may be able to get you a better deal than other shops since I'd put some of the commission back in your pocket, even if it's $40 off a $2k package. I also have Cheapcaribbean.com promo codes available (free) for another $50 off most trips, etc, so don't be shy!

Thanks, and nice to meet you all :)

Welcome!

Thats some quick advancement. Proud of you. Just need to make sure that you have great buyonacy. Thats how you can tell a adv ow over just a ow diver. There is a quarry in Alabama called Alabama Blue Water is where a group of us go. Check them out on line. Continue to dive

Jenn

WELCOME!!! to ScubaBoard, neighbor !!!!

the K

Welcome to :sblogo:!

Thanks for the warm welcome, all!

Thats some quick advancement. Proud of you. Just need to make sure that you have great buyonacy. Thats how you can tell a adv ow over just a ow diver. There is a quarry in Alabama called Alabama Blue Water is where a group of us go. Check them out on line. Continue to dive

Jenn

Jenn, thanks very much! I actually took the PPB speciality class as part of AOW and intend to do go through the whole course for certification as well as attend buoyancy clinics for more practice. I'm just focusing on anything that will help my diving skills and establish good habits first, and saving the more informational stuff for later.

The quarry is great - I was there a few weeks ago (though it was for cert dives). Maybe one of these days I won't be taking a course...but I'm having too much fun :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom