Hi from Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I've been certified for awhile but haven't had much opportunity to go diving much. I'd like to start going more. Is there anyone in the Boerne area who is free on Fridays? Are there any places nearby with clear water? I'm also trying to get my fiancee interested in diving so she can go, too.

Richard O

Hi Richard,
Here in Texas as well.Working on OW and should be finished the 29th of June.
The only place I have dived is at Lake Travis in Austin so cant speak for anything else. The viz was about 8 feet when we did our first OW dive but is usually better from what I have heard.
It was a little worse than normal due to rain runoff,boats where there is usually none and a lot of divers.
Hope it is better when we go again.
Welcome to the board and I hope you can convince your fiancee to get certified. You will have a built in dive buddy for life :)

Good luck.

Karen

Welcome Richard,
Hope you enjoy the board. Check out the Swamp Divers. Really good group of people.
Dive Safe,
Larry

For all you non Texans its pronounced Bernie.

Travis, Canyon Lake, and SanMarcos are the closest spots to you.

Check out the Austin clan of TSDT.

Welcome...

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn once bubbled...
For all you non Texans its pronounced Bernie.

Danke, Herr TwoBitTxn! :D

Welcome to the board, Richard and Karen, and welcome to the wonderful world of Texas scuba diving!

:hi:

Hi welcome from Austin. :hi:

Also there is Aquarena Springs. Which is pretty clear (although you have to take a course). Do a search for that and you'll find lot's of info in the Texas Swamp Divers Forum.

Hello. I've never been to Texes but I flew over it on my way to cancune:D

Hello from Laredo, Texas. Richard, check out our web sit at laredoscuba.com
You are welcome to dive with us any time.

Rene,
Divemaster

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom