Hi from Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nic2750

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm Australia, was living in New Zealand, but got stuck overseas during COVID and ended up in Palau in 2021. It was supposed to be temporary, but I'm still here. Since it's almost impossible to live here without diving (and there's not a whole heap else to do), I learned to dive. Started to get into wreck diving recently. Looking forward to meeting a few more divers around the place.

How does the cost of diving compare to the Philippines?

cattle boats cost $40 a dive

private boat with private DM cost $75 a dive

a massage is $10

I think three boat dives for tourists is around $200 - $250. For some places that would include include rental gear, nitrox, etc. If diving in the Rock Islands (which , realistically, most people will) you also need to buy a Rock Islands permit. Those are $100 and valid for 10 days.

If you want a private boat for the day, that's generally expensive (around $500-$800 plus fuel plus dive-related costs + 10% PGST). Not sure about the private DM, and I've never had time for a massage here - why do that when I can go diving instead?

Hope that helps. If you have specific questions, I can easily find out - I'm normally at a few dive shops during the week.

Back
Top Bottom