Hi from Oz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mel.B

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks and thought it was about time I joined:wave:

I completed my OW certification about a fortnight ago and had my first 'real' dive on the weekend. I know I am going to become completely addicted and forever broke with this sport...who am I kidding - I'm already addicted! :) I'm sitting at work looking out the window at the blue sky and wishing I had some gear so I could go diving after work!

I plan to do a few more dives here in cold Vic and then I'm off on holidays in 17 days (not that I'm counting or anything:rolleyes: ) and plan to do a few more dives while away (in Vila & Noumea).

Well that's about it. Everybody here seems really friendly and I have already learnt heaps just reading.

Mel:dance:

To the boards! Diving is addiciting, as are the boards (but you have probably discovered that already) See ya around...:)

Kayla:)

Hello there Mel.B, hope that you will enjoy your forth coming trip and start posting some reviews / reports.

:)

Hi Mel

Welcome!

I finished my ow a few weeks ago as well. Just finished buying all my gear so looking forward to getting out there!

Have a great trip

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your welcome:)

Yes the board can be addicting as well...at least it gives me something to do at work:mute:

Summer, it's great to meet another Aussie on the board and one from Melbourne too! Where did you do your course and get your gear from?

Mel :dance:

Welcome from another dive addict. Good to hear from you. This board is a great place to do your virtual diving. There is always someone around to share your excitement and offer answers to any questions that you may have. :)

Hey Mel

did my course with academy of scuba and got all my gear with them as well - very helpful and friendly people. they spent heaps of time with me and gave me lots of info. The board has also been a great help in reading/researching gear.

There are a few melbournians hiding out on the board somewhere!!

ps I hope your piggy bank is full!!!!:) :)

Thanks Summer - I did my course with ADI and have found the same.

LOL about the piggy bank! I'm trying to save furisously for my holiday at the moment and then I'll look at gear when I get back.

Mel:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom