Hi from Hopiland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clocksinp

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
clip_image002.gif
I am an advanced open water diver residing on the Hopi Reservation in Northeastern Arizona.
Most of my diving has been at Lake Mohave and Rocky Point. I did have some memorable dives in the kelp of the Channel Islands of California, and the reef at Cabo Pulmo in Baha Sur.

I'm a 61 year old, overweight male with 33 dives under my belt (specialties in Nitrox, Boat Diving, Navigation, Night/Limited Visibility, and Deep Dive -- working on Stress and Rescue next). I dive conservatively, stay substance free and sober, and am probably an "old granny" when it comes to safety and preparation issues. I am currently following the D.I.R. dive philosophy, though I doubt I will ever become a Tech Diver.

I am seeking a dive buddy(s) who has/have similar interests. I am definitely open to local dives -- Cozumel and Fiji are currently just pipe dreams.

P.S. I used to dive in Lake Ontario many years ago (when I was an "insane" teenager) without the benefit of a BC or Gauges or computers: could not get it out of my system, so started diving again 4 years ago (probably why I’m attracted to DIR philosophy).
Please contact me if you are seeking a dive buddy.

Preston in Shungopavi :coffee:

We have a bunch of divers here in the valley...we would dive Mohave and Pleasant...Let us know when you are coming down this direction...we are always looking to get wet and blow some bubbles....

Welcome!!!

Thanks Ron.

I plan to head up to Cabinsite Point at Lake Mohave this Saturday and Sunday. I have a white Nisson pickup w/ cap and will be setting up under a red cabana (gazeebo?) on the south side of the point. I'd talked with Jerry of Waterworld (Kingman) about meeting him up there possibly. If any of you are in the area, please come by.
Preston of Shungopavi

Oh, man....I have a big weekend planed and won't be able to this weekend...but if you are making plans in the future may be for a Monday, or Tuesday....let me know...My days off fall on the Monday end of the week... I can take a Friday and Saturday once in a while.... Let me know if that will work for you sometime!!!

Back
Top Bottom