Hi from Edmonton, Canada!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I live here too! For being a gritty industrial city about as far from the coast as you can get, Edmonton has a weirdly active dive community.

I live here too! For being a gritty industrial city about as far from the coast as you can get, Edmonton has a weirdly active dive community.

It's kind-of cool, isn't it! Good to know I'm not the only one suffering through this winter eagerly awaiting the spring. Would love to be able to do at least three tropical trips a year - up to two right now! What LDS do you use?

Welcome from Nova Scotia. When I taught Band in Thompson, MB we toured out there and played in the big mall. Is the "Mindbender" still operational?
Go Jets Go!

Welcome Chad, make sure you checkout the Alberta Underwater Council for tons of info, organized dives and pool nights.

Welcome from Nova Scotia. When I taught Band in Thompson, MB we toured out there and played in the big mall. Is the "Mindbender" still operational?
Go Jets Go!

The mindbender is, indeed, still operational! Nice to meet you!

Hey Chad, I'm from Edmonton too! Only a couple more months of winter hopefully! :surrender:

The mindbender is, indeed, still operational! Nice to meet you!
That's a great ride. I remember 1981 or so when they shut it down due to a fatal accident. Another of my favourites was in the water park--the Sky Screamer water slide.

Welcome. If you want to get into local diving the Wing Divers' club has their Wednesday evening dives at Twin Lakes starting in May-ish and are a good way to meet local people. Another good way to meet fellow divers are through (as mentioned previously) the AUC and the events they promote during our dive season. Northwest Scuba has stuff going on at Long Lake all summer. There is something always diving going on pretty much every week from May long till October in Alberta.

This is also the year for the Divescapes show ( in Calgary this October). Great speakers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom