Hi florida divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi my name is jim and im new to florida.Im 32 married and looking to make some friends and dive buddies lol. I'm naui basic certs. I just signed up for ean class and expect to take it within a week or so. I have all my own equipment and my dream is to find a buddy with a boat that will teach me how to hunt bugs around theese parts. I'm also going to be purchasing a spear gun soon! I would love to do some beach diving also.Truth is when i see a puddle of water i start wondering about how good the vis is in the puddle lol.There should be a warning about scuba its a lot like drug addiction! Its too late for me SAVE YOURSELF! :snorkels:

Welcome to Florida. I think you've found a good way to get your bearings. These Conches seem to be a pretty nice bunch.

Jack

Hiya, glad you found us. Finding buddies is usually easy. Include yourself in the trips being planned, or post a trip yourself. It helps when posting a trip (in the Trips and Marketplace section) to put the date and location in the subject line.
There is a Megadive trip being planned now for Ginnie Springs Halloween weekend.

Welcome to the Conchs... If you are ever in my area, I will dive with you..... In Jenny's area, there is some of the most beautiful beaching diving in the world....

Welcome to Florida...

There's a shore dive being planned for this coming Saturday in Pompano Beach. Come down and dive with us!

shore dive sounds like fun what time and where? Is this a place that is known to have lobster?
btw thanks for the warm welcome part of the alure of diving is meeting new people everyone i ever met scuba diving was nice I have never met a depressed mean nasty diver. Its kind of hard to be like that after you see a salt water reef its like a religous experance...

rebelmandziukan:
shore dive sounds like fun what time and where? Is this a place that is known to have lobster?
btw thanks for the warm welcome part of the alure of diving is meeting new people everyone i ever met scuba diving was nice I have never met a depressed mean nasty diver. Its kind of hard to be like that after you see a salt water reef its like a religous experance...
I hate to sound like the mean, nasty diver that I am, but I'm going to suggest that before you go out after bugs or get a gun, just go diving. Work on your buoyancy control and awareness of the environment. Don't go out and lay all over the reef while trying to catch an undersized lobster or shoot an angel fish because you thought it was a hog fish. Get your weight and air consumption down and your trim right. Be sure operation of your gear is second nature. Never touch the reef. Etc., etc., etc. Just get to know what you are doing underwater before adding tasks.

No reflection on you, but I've seen way too many new divers try to do too much too soon.

-=[MeanAndNasty]=-

DivesWithTurtle:
I hate to sound like the mean, nasty diver that I am, but I'm going to suggest that before you go out after bugs or get a gun, just go diving. Work on your buoyancy control and awareness of the environment. Don't go out and lay all over the reef while trying to catch an undersized lobster or shoot an angel fish because you thought it was a hog fish. Get your weight and air consumption down and your trim right. Be sure operation of your gear is second nature. Never touch the reef. Etc., etc., etc. Just get to know what you are doing underwater before adding tasks.

No reflection on you, but I've seen way too many new divers try to do too much too soon.

-=[MeanAndNasty]=-
Excellent advice! :thumbs:

DivesWithTurtle:

-=[MeanAndNasty]=-

Very good advise. Make sure you can multitask while remaining in control and without endangering yourself and the reef.

Thanks for the advice but its really not necessary. i have my bc control down to the point where i can ascend and decend only using my lungs after i have become neutral. My weights are perfect for both fresh and salt water. sometimes just for the hell of it i go head down and exhale and creep up on fish under ledges. I have all my own equipment including 2 aluminum 80s. the only time i have ever touched a reef was to remove a glass bottle that some a-hole threw into the sea. I'm not trying to toot my own horn just stating that if i dident think i could do it i wouldent.I know your advice is well meaning but really i can handle myself. anyway on a lighter note i dove alaxander today again. Saw a bunch of fish was a good dive up until some teenagers started free diving and screwed the vis up. oh ya air consumption, 35 min dive spent most of the time at 20 feet start 3300 ended 2000 now im not sure if thats good or not but i suspect that it is . what do you think? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom